When you go to a hospital or a treatment center, such as Cancer Treatment Mexico, you are interested in many things concerning your disease. Here is a list of different questions you should think about and they will help you to formulate the questions you will ask your doctor.
Questions about cancer and how to cure it:
- What is my kind of cancer?
- Is it a primitive or a far-gone stage of cancer?
- Do you have abundant experience of treating my sort of cancer?
- Do you practice some effective way of treatment and what are the alternatives?
- Is this opportunity available to try all of these treatments?
- If no, what are the other ways of treatment?
- What are the pluses and minuses and side effects of these alternatives?
- Do I have good chances or little chances of success?
- Is the sum of my insurance enough?
- Will I recover completely or should I have some cure later?
- Where can I find the information about clinical trials concerning my sort of cancer?
- What other tests should be done at first?
- Which tests can help to distinguish whether I am cured in proper way?
- What is the frequency of doing these tests on different stages?
- Is it possible to choose another way of treatment if the first one doesn’t help?
- What is the duration of the treatment?
- How often should I be examined by you in the process of treatment and after it?
- How can personally I help you? What notes should I take and what should I tell you?
Questions about predictions and the risk extent:
- Are you sure that this treatment will help me to recover completely?
- If not, what aim are you to achieve?
- What are your predictions about how long I can live with my type of cancer: two, five years or maybe more?
Questions when you decide about applying different methods of treatment:
- What possible side effects can I have?
- What information about the state of my health should I give you, whether I have fever, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting, etc.?
- Whom can I consult when I have some difficulties at time off or on week-ends?
- Can I do anything to forestall or supervise these side effects?
- Will I be able to drive myself to and from the treatment?
- Should I take any necessary precautions at home (regarding children, pets)?
- Can I do have my usual lifestyle/will I be able to do the things and to visit the places I used to?
- Will my sex life change somehow and can I have children?
- Do you recommend me to keep to a diet?
- Are there any written sources concerning my treatment?
- Where in the internet can I find the information?